Re: Ada files now checked in

    As I've said, if the existing packaged GNATs don't work, that is fine
    by me.  What I object to is refusing to even let them try because they
    happen not to have the official name.

No, it's not that simple.  There is no reason to believe that any
subsequent distributions will have the nonstandard name.  But there
*is* a strong reason to believe that GNAT, even if it can be
bootstrapped with that version now, will be able to in the future, and
not too long into the future.  See Robert's comments about the reasons
for this.

There's no point in making major Makefile and configure changes to support
one specific version that we *know* won't work in the fairly near future.