This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 01 08:13:20 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
As I've said, if the existing packaged GNATs don't work, that is fine
by me. What I object to is refusing to even let them try because they
happen not to have the official name.
No, it's not that simple. There is no reason to believe that any
subsequent distributions will have the nonstandard name. But there
*is* a strong reason to believe that GNAT, even if it can be
bootstrapped with that version now, will be able to in the future, and
not too long into the future. See Robert's comments about the reasons
There's no point in making major Makefile and configure changes to support
one specific version that we *know* won't work in the fairly near future.