This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 08:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<Yes, you've made that clear, but the point is that that distribution
is *not* intended to bootstrap GNAT. Nobody knows whether it will or
not. The intent is to start from known-good gnat1 and gnatbind
binaries, which are intended for that purpose.
Not clear that we are moving to agreement here. Seems to me that if the
makefile patches to allow peculiar driver names are not too difficult
why not. I still think that certainly we will recommend using the starter
binaries, or a current build.