Re: Ada files now checked in

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 03:56:24PM -0400, dewar@gnat.com wrote:

> I agree that if Debian continues to distribute in the form with separate
> driver names, then we need to accomodate that, but I would argue that
> this is not a good idea for several reasons
[etc]

My argument - and I think Joseph is saying the same thing - is that we
should support what is done *now*.  Never mind what Debian or anyone
else might do in the future.  Never mind whether or not a configuration
is exactly the same as the one ACT has historically supported.

I make this argument because I do not expect the status quo to change
before the end of 2002, and more likely, not before the middle of
2003.  It is ridiculous to speak of a transition period measured in
years as "short."

> As to whether it is possible to bootstrap the checked in GNAT sources
> using the currently packaged Debian version of GNAT, I don't know if
> anyone has ever tried that, we certainly have not.

I was hoping to be able to present results using my patches, but as
there are still no einfo.h and sinfo.h available, I haven't been able
to complete testing.

zw