This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 21:25:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu,zack at codesourcery dot com
<<I find it a bit hard to believe that mere packaging errors regularly
introduces subtle code generation problems, so that you must not trust
a compiler which has not been built with a binary supplied supplied by
ACT. (More severe problems would already have been noted.)
no one is saying you "must not trust" anything. Just that it seems cleaner
to start with something that you *know* will work.