Re: Ada files now checked in

    No.  I have either to do the manual procedure *every time I build the
    compiler*, or I am not testing with the vendor-provided packages
    anymore, and that is the whole point.

Why is that the "whole point"?  I often do "make install" and from then on
use that compiler (both C and Ada) for my compilations.

As Robert says, there is no assurance that any vendor-supplied GNAT can
be used to bootstrap GNAT 5.0.  Perhaps the SGI-version can, but I'm not
sure and don't particularly care.  That's what the gnat1 and gnatbind
binaries will be for.