This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 01 21:06:07 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
No. I have either to do the manual procedure *every time I build the
compiler*, or I am not testing with the vendor-provided packages
anymore, and that is the whole point.
Why is that the "whole point"? I often do "make install" and from then on
use that compiler (both C and Ada) for my compilations.
As Robert says, there is no assurance that any vendor-supplied GNAT can
be used to bootstrap GNAT 5.0. Perhaps the SGI-version can, but I'm not
sure and don't particularly care. That's what the gnat1 and gnatbind
binaries will be for.