Re: Ada files now checked in

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:

>> And just to be clear, flags the occurrence that is troublesome?
>
> It displays this message:

> $ cat foo.c
> main()
> {
>   int a, b;
>
>   a = b + 4;
> }
>
> $ gcc -Wuninitialized -ftree-ssa foo.c -O -c
> foo.c: In function `main':
> foo.c:3: warning: `b' is used uninitialized in this function

Well, Robert probably wants to see something like this:

foo.c: In function `main':
foo.c:5:7: warning: `b' is used uninitialized at this point

Looking at the warning message and its different modality to the
standard one, I think the branch currently tackles the problem of
false positives, not the problem of friendly reporting.