This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<That is the situation that the vast majority of users of the FSF CVS
tree will find themselves in. It is the one that we *must* ensure
works, at least for all popular free operating system distributions.
We cannot necessarily ensure this works, because we don't know what
system integrators will provide. If they provide non-working versions
of GNAT (e.g. the RPM's that were distributed for 3.13), then it may or
may not be possible to bootstrap using them, and if it is not possible,
then it may not be practical to correct this.
Most certainly in the long run, you cannot expect that a given version
of the GNAT sources can be built by an arbitrarily older version of GNAT
supplied by your "system integrator".