This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:02:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<It's my contention that the FSF tree needs to support a broader range
of situations than the ACT internal tree does. And I don't agree with
Richard that this adds an undue amount of complexity to the makefiles.
Note that already we are agreeing that the FSF tree needs to support
a broader range, since of course ACT internally always builds from an
existing full installation of GNAT. The question is how much broader.
For example, we did take some care to try to ensure that the current
sources can be built with 3.13, rather than the previous version which
is 3.14, But I would expect an attempt to build with 3.12 or earlier
to fail, and I would not be surprised to find that some non-standard
distribution of 3.13 would also fail.