This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 10:01:59 -0700
- Cc: bosch at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- References: <20011006163945.70459F28AE@nile.gnat.com>
On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:39:45PM -0400, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> <<Completely agreed, and there is work in progress to improve these
> Ah, that's *very* interesting, can you tell me more? In particular that
> news means I can probably retire the work on trying to do this in the
> GNAT front end (we already catch quite a bit there, but do not yet catch
> cases involving conditionals).
I'm not sure if anyone has actually *proposed* this, but code is being
written to do data flow analysis on whole-function trees; since trees
retain much more information about user variables and source
positions, it would be possible to tag the exact location that the
compiler thought an uninitialized value could reach.
You might want to check out the ast-optimizer-branch.