This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<It's my contention that the FSF tree needs to support a broader range
of situations than the ACT internal tree does. And I don't agree with
Richard that this adds an undue amount of complexity to the makefiles.
I am unconvinced, for example, we (we = ACT) don't know if the Debian
distribution or other packaged distributions of GNAT can in fact be
used to bootstrap. Maybe they can, but quite likely the answer might
be they can't for who knows what reason. It seems much cleaner to
suggest to people that they use starter binaries that are known to
be suitable for the bootstrap.