This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:57:37 -0700
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- References: <20011006163847.BA359F28CC@nile.gnat.com>
On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:38:47PM -0400, email@example.com wrote:
> I must say that to me the simplest thing is that you consider only two
> 1. You obtain the necessary gnat1 and gnatbind from a special repository
> of starter binaries for gnat bootstrapping. These are versions that are
> guaranteed to be appropriate starting points.
> 2. You have a complete gnat that you have built from the sources
See, I'm interested only in
3. You have a complete gnat provided by your system integrator.
That is the situation that the vast majority of users of the FSF CVS
tree will find themselves in. It is the one that we *must* ensure
works, at least for all popular free operating system distributions.