This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: bosch at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<Yes, I noticed that. I am fairly confident they could be rewritten
using regular expressions, in say Perl. Perhaps we could stop there,
if you're okay requiring Perl (this is already the case for people
wishing to generate manpages). Or, translating a short Perl program
into C is not *that* hard.
Well our policy is not to use perl for anything at all, so this is
definitely not something we would maintain. On the other hand if we
have reasonably documented, reasonably maintain C versions, then we
could just get rid of the Ada versions if this really would help things.
(the reason we prefer not to use perl, is that we have found it very
hard to maintain).
we here = ACT, and the point is that it is cleaner and reduces work
if ACT is using a more similar build approach internally.