This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:48:29 -0700
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- References: <20011006163655.B1DDEF28CA@nile.gnat.com>
On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:36:55PM -0400, email@example.com wrote:
> <<That is what happens. This entire argument is about the scenario
> where there is an Ada compiler but it's not named "gcc".
> I understand, this is indeed a scenario which ACT has never been involved
> with, our standard distribution always calls the Ada compiler gcc. We are
> aware that others have made contrary decisions, and that does indeed make
> for some extra confusion.
It's my contention that the FSF tree needs to support a broader range
of situations than the ACT internal tree does. And I don't agree with
Richard that this adds an undue amount of complexity to the makefiles.