This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
I must say that to me the simplest thing is that you consider only two
1. You obtain the necessary gnat1 and gnatbind from a special repository
of starter binaries for gnat bootstrapping. These are versions that are
guaranteed to be appropriate starting points.
2. You have a complete gnat that you have built from the sources
It seems to me that trying to use miscelleanous versions of gnat installed
in various ways from various sources, with no guarantee that the version
you are trying to use is suitable for bootstrapping is asking for problems.