This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:31:03 -0700
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- References: <20011006161743.7F9B3F28CA@nile.gnat.com>
On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:17:43PM -0400, email@example.com wrote:
> <<FWIW, Debian has pretty much decided to do that. Requiring an Ada
> compiler for every bootstrap of the C compiler would introduce a lot of
> complexity, especially given the number of our platforms on which Ada
> isn't available - Linux/Alpha in particular seems to be problematic.
> I thought we had things set up so that if there is no Ada compiler around,
> then there is no attempt to build Ada -- that's certainly what we had
> discussed doing, so now I am confused.
That is what happens. This entire argument is about the scenario
where there is an Ada compiler but it's not named "gcc".