This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, drow at mvista dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:17:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<FWIW, Debian has pretty much decided to do that. Requiring an Ada
compiler for every bootstrap of the C compiler would introduce a lot of
complexity, especially given the number of our platforms on which Ada
isn't available - Linux/Alpha in particular seems to be problematic.
I thought we had things set up so that if there is no Ada compiler around,
then there is no attempt to build Ada -- that's certainly what we had
discussed doing, so now I am confused.