This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: drow at mvista dot com, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:16:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
<<FWIW, Debian has pretty much decided to do that. Requiring an Ada
compiler for every bootstrap of the C compiler would introduce a lot of
complexity, especially given the number of our platforms on which Ada
isn't available - Linux/Alpha in particular seems to be problematic.
That's an entirely reasonable decision
<<Is there any reason that the gcc driver from a 3.1 install which did
not include --enable-languages=ada should be unable to drive gnat1,
The answer to this should be no ...