This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Manual style questions
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Manual style questions
- From: David Vrabel <dv207 at hermes dot cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:30:11 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Some questions on style for use in the GCC manuals:
> * As an adjective, should "32-bit" or "32 bit" be used? (The version with
> the hyphen seems more common.)
bit is a unit (like kg or m) so don't use the hyphen.
e.g "a 5 m piece of rope" and "a 32 bit integer"
Of course I'm just an engineer not a english professor...