Re: Manual style questions

"32-bit" is an adjective
"32 bit" is a noun as in "this hole is tricky to drill, pass me the 32 bit"

It's just like

The run-time behavior of this compiler's run time is indeed peculiar.

Of course these are arbitrary rules to some extent (so many english grammar
rules have been made up out of the blue by amateur grammarians :-) To me
the most important thing is consistency, but the above rules are those that
are most commonly followed in my experience.