This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Time for profiling compiler runtimes?
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Subject: Time for profiling compiler runtimes?
- From: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:46:33 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
In the past few months, I've posted to GNATS some timings where
gcc-3.1 took inordinately long (and much longer than 3.0.*) to
compile some of my files. The problems were mainly in contril flow
processing, a part of the compiler that has recently undergone
I'm asking of the changes have recently died down; if I try to
generate and analyse some performance data, will that data be
relevant to the compiler as it's going to be in the near future?