Time for profiling compiler runtimes?

In the past few months, I've posted to GNATS some timings where
gcc-3.1 took inordinately long (and much longer than 3.0.*) to
compile some of my files.  The problems were mainly in contril flow
processing, a part of the compiler that has recently undergone
much change.

I'm asking of the changes have recently died down; if I try to
generate and analyse some performance data, will that data be
relevant to the compiler as it's going to be in the near future?

Brad Lucier