This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bounds checker for g++ on Linux?
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Bounds checker for g++ on Linux?
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 22:11:38 +0200
- CC: rodrigc at mediaone dot net, ruff at swand dot lake dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <20011005132033.1EBCCF28C4@nile.gnat.com>
> maybe this isn't *too* far afield now that the GNAT sources are available
> at gnu.org :-)
> It seems a pity to have to look for such tools, when other languages can
> avoid the problem in the first place (of course Java can make the same
> comment ...)
And .... drum roll ... Fortran !
I believe it took Craig Burley two or three days total to build array
and string bound checking into g77 during the spring of 1999.
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)