This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 01 18:13:03 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
In June 2000, Robert Dewar expressed rather strong reservations
concerning the -W options together with the Ada frontend (more false
positives, GCC backend doesn't know much about Ada semantics, and so
on). Are these problems no longer relevant?
Less relevant. We find they are relatively useful and have found bugs
that had gone unnoticed previously.
(At least warnings about unused variables do not properly demangle the
Known bug. Should be fixed in a bit.