Re: Ada files now checked in

    On the contrary, it is the only way to make the CVS tree build without
    extra effort on the part of every person building it.

I disagree.

    This is not a nonstandard configuration that I have.  This is the way
    GNAT has been packaged for most Linux distributions for as long as
    I've been paying attention to these things.

I know, but that's "nonstandard".  There is not supposed to be a different
name for the driver program.  I have no idea why they chose to do it that
way, but I don't feel it reasonable to clutter up the Makefile to support
an incorrect and now obsolete packaging.

No ACT-related GNAT release, either customer releases or public releases
orginally prepared by ACT has had such a nonstandard usage.

Yes, there is a bootstrap problem because GNAT is written in Ada, but once
the GCC binary packages start including it, this problem will go away.  We
don't need to add the complexity just for that short period.