Re: Ada documentation issues

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, mike stump wrote:

  :-) I used to do this for the C++ frontend...  Basically, I just had
  reference copies of what I last merged from my tree, what was at the
  FSF, and used diff -r and patch to run in the new changes to my copy
  of the other tree, and then diff once more to obtain the FSF version
  of the patch, and then run that set into the FSF tree.  This was a
  unidirection process.  You do it twice, and you then have a
  bidirectional process.  Stir and run once a week, and presto.  My
  experience was that is was fairly reliable and didn't take much effort
  (I had a script that did it all).  The only think I had to do by hand
  was to resolve conflicts.  I always considered just putting it in cron
  and running nightly, but never got around to it.

I'd like to have a somewhat better log than "merged in changes", but
maybe that will be too hard.

  -Geert