Re: Ada documentation issues

> Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:26:48 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Geert Bosch <bosch@gnat.com>
> To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> FYI, since the Ada front end was contributed, there have been more
> than a hundred check ins already. I'm figuring out now how to make
> those changes flow to the FSF sources in a manageable way.

:-) I used to do this for the C++ frontend...  Basically, I just had
reference copies of what I last merged from my tree, what was at the
FSF, and used diff -r and patch to run in the new changes to my copy
of the other tree, and then diff once more to obtain the FSF version
of the patch, and then run that set into the FSF tree.  This was a
unidirection process.  You do it twice, and you then have a
bidirectional process.  Stir and run once a week, and presto.  My
experience was that is was fairly reliable and didn't take much effort
(I had a script that did it all).  The only think I had to do by hand
was to resolve conflicts.  I always considered just putting it in cron
and running nightly, but never got around to it.

Would be nice if cvs directly supported this type of semantic.