This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:37:17 +0200
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
Geert Bosch <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I must say that I do not understand the issue. Either you have a
> GCC version with an Ada front end, or you don't.
> In the first case, you set the CC environment to your GCC driver
> with Ada support (if configure cannot figure this out).
I think it's reasonable to do daily builds mainly with a current (but
not bleeding-edge) compiler, say egcs 1.x or GCC 2.95.3, which is in
widespread use. If you use the gcc driver binary of a typical GNAT
distribution, you divert significantly from a usual GCC installation,
so the feedback from the daily builds is less meaningful.