Re: Ada files now checked in

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:

>> Yes, I'll add them as part of a number of updates I'll finish this
>> afternoon.
>
> still waiting...

Even if you have them, and have worked around the other build
problems, the resulting compiler doesn't seem to be usable at the
moment, I'm afraid.  For example, the stage2 gnatbind tool does not
work correctly (the stage1 one so far does, however).  You can already
test a few things with the current sources (Yes! one GIGI abort which
bugged me in the past is gone ;-), but if you want to build the
run-time library in order to be able to compile and link something
(and not just GNAT and its tools), you have to do this manually (or
fix the build process ;-).

BTW, it doesn't seem to be possible to build the run-time library
at stage 1 because the makefile uses .ali and object files from the
compiler build itself (which are compiled by the old compiler used for
bootstrapping, another VPATH issue).  Is this a feature?