Re: Ada files now checked in

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:

  It may be acceptable to require a full working GNAT to bootstrap the
  CVS tree, but ship these files with snapshots and releases so that it
  is not necessary for users of those.

That's what I was thinking too.

  This is the same scenario as with the Yacc-generated parsers used for
  C, C++, and Java.  They are not checked into CVS, but provided with
  snapshots.  (We still construct them in the source directory, which is
  wrong, but difficult to fix at this time.)

  Also, if it will result in a significant simplification of the build
  process, it may be worth rewriting these tools in C.

I don't think that is necessary. It would be easy enough to add the
few lines to the make file to build these extremely simple utilities.
A gnat executable is needed anyway.

  -Geert