This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:59:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
It may be acceptable to require a full working GNAT to bootstrap the
CVS tree, but ship these files with snapshots and releases so that it
is not necessary for users of those.
That's what I was thinking too.
This is the same scenario as with the Yacc-generated parsers used for
C, C++, and Java. They are not checked into CVS, but provided with
snapshots. (We still construct them in the source directory, which is
wrong, but difficult to fix at this time.)
Also, if it will result in a significant simplification of the build
process, it may be worth rewriting these tools in C.
I don't think that is necessary. It would be easy enough to add the
few lines to the make file to build these extremely simple utilities.
A gnat executable is needed anyway.