This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
ICE in upcoming GCC 3.0.2 while building Linux Kernel.
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: ICE in upcoming GCC 3.0.2 while building Linux Kernel.
- From: Gertjan van Wingerde <gwingerde at home dot nl>
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:52:36 +0200
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I just saw that GCC 3.0.2 is in its finalising stages, and have tried
the latest tree from CVS (of today).
In here I can see that an ICE I reported while compiling any recent
Linux kernel is still not fixed. The PR number is 4148. This bug is
present from release 3.0 and up. GCC 2.95.3 is fine for this bug.
Note that this is compilation on an AMD Athlon.
Is there any chance that this can be fixed in GCC 3.0.2? I suspect that
many more people are suffering from this problem
Gertjan van Wingerde
7544 TX Enschede