This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_types patch)
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_types patch)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:52:21 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <jakub at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, mike stump wrote:
> There isn't much wrong with __builtin_same_type (*(T *)0, *(int*)0)...
> One can compare double to int, if one wants... I don't favor a
> grammar extension, since a trivial work around exists. Since these
That doesn't work as a built-in function. To allow for the different
types it would need to be represented as a variadic function - but then
arguments of type float would be promoted to double, which isn't suitable
for implementing <tgmath.h>.
Joseph S. Myers