This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada: VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Ada: VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 19:22:34 +0200
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Geert Bosch <email@example.com> writes:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:
> After some tweaking, I've been able to build the GNAT run-time
> library. However, the build process now stops because ada/Makefile
> assumes that the ada/rts/ subdirectory contains all *.o files:
> $(AR) $(AR_FLAGS) rts/libgnat$(arext) \
> $(addprefix rts/,$(GNATRTL_NONTASKING_OBJS) $(LIBGNAT_OBJS))
> This is not true, some of the *.o files are not built because of the
> use of VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib.
> Makefile.adalib is not used for building the library in a normal build.
Yes, you're right of course, but the problem seems to exist anyway,
and I think it is indeed related to the use if VPATH (Makefile[.in]
uses it, too).