This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada: VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Subject: Re: Ada: VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:17:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:
After some tweaking, I've been able to build the GNAT run-time
library. However, the build process now stops because ada/Makefile
assumes that the ada/rts/ subdirectory contains all *.o files:
$(AR) $(AR_FLAGS) rts/libgnat$(arext) \
$(addprefix rts/,$(GNATRTL_NONTASKING_OBJS) $(LIBGNAT_OBJS))
This is not true, some of the *.o files are not built because of the
use of VPATH in ada/Makefile.adalib.
Makefile.adalib is not used for building the library in a normal build.
It is meant for cases where one wants to rebuild the library after installation,
which may be the case if you'd want to change the compilation options.