Re: Bounds checker for g++ on Linux?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 02:45:00PM +0200, Marcel Ruff wrote:
> Can anybody recommend me a free bounds checker
> (to find the source of my segmentation violation)
> which works with my configuration?

Hi,

If you can afford it, buy another machine and install
an operating system which has support for Rational
Software's Purify or Numega's Boundschecker programs.
These programs are not available for Linux, but are
excellent, and can be life savers.

If this is not an option, then you can take a look at:

NJAMD, http://sourceforge.net/projects/njamd
YAMD, http://www3.hmc.edu/~neldredge/yamd/
DMalloc, http://dmalloc.com/
ElectricFence, http://perens.org/FreeSoftware/

Insure.h++ for Linux is a commercial product available from
Parasoft, is very expensive, and I have not tried it:
http://www.parasoft.com/products/insure/index.htm
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr