This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fwd: Static variables don't appear in the map file
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Fwd: Static variables don't appear in the map file
- From: "Joaquim Duran" <jduran at bcn dot indra-espacio dot es>
- Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:06:35 +0200
- Cc: "Joaquim Duran" <jduran at bcn dot indra-espacio dot es>
- Reply-To: "Joaquim Duran" <jduran at bcn dot indra-espacio dot es>
We have sent few minutes ago, an e-mail without subject. We know that the inclusion of a subject in e-mail is very important when many e-mails are
received. Please, sorry for the inconveniences.
Thanks and Best regards,
==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
We send this e-mail from Indra-Espacio, a company placed in Barcelona (Spain). We are developing a real-time project using LynxOS from LynuxWorks.
OS includes the GCC compiler (2.9-gnupro-98r2).
We have technical support from LynuxWorks, but we have make to them a question about the compiler/linker options and we would like to get an answer
its creators (that's the main reason, please, don't blame to Lynuxworks).
One of the requirements in our project is that we should provide the memory dump feature. Moreover, we should create a map file about to know the
the global variables in .data and .bss section. The problem is that in map file, static variables should also be present, but they aren't.
Please, could you tell us if there is any way to include the static variables in the file map ?. This is absolutely necessary and critical for our project.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks and Best Regards,
===================END FORWARDED MESSAGE===================