Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_types patch)

> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 01 22:25:34 EDT
> From: kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner)
> To: mrs@windriver.com
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

>     In a frontend, we never play with modes...  The type can be found in
>     TREE_TYPE, and you should just use it.  This is frontend code.

> Mostly, but not totally, true.  When stripping NOPs to look for
> things, it's not uncommon for frontends to only strip NOPs that
> don't change the mode.

Sure, but you're going into way too much detail here.  I'd just add,
just in case people don't see the difference, bool != int, from a type
system perspective, it doesn't matter if they both are 32 bits.
Comparing modes can have them be the same.  Comparing types, they
never are, well, cept maybe in C when you use a typedef.