This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_types patch)
- To: mrs at windriver dot com
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch) (new builtin_equal_types patch)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 01 22:25:34 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
In a frontend, we never play with modes... The type can be found in
TREE_TYPE, and you should just use it. This is frontend code.
Mostly, but not totally, true. When stripping NOPs to look for
things, it's not uncommon for frontends to only strip NOPs that don't
change the mode.