powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 bootstrap issue

This platform has failed to bootstrap here for some time due to bootstrap
comparison errors.  I did some digging and generated a testcase for which
the native (stage1) cc1 reload pass generates different rtl than a cross
compiler.  At a quick glance the differences seem to be related to whether
a reload comes from another register or from memory.  If I simply recompile
reload.o using -O2 than the native cc1 generates the same code as the cross
compiler.  I'm about to try bootstrapping the compiler using -O2.

It sounds like reload.c is being miscompiled by the installed compiler
(in this case gcc 2.95.3).  Do we want to hack reload.c so that bootstrapping
using gcc 2.95.3 works, or simply document that -O2 is required (assuming
I have success)?

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |