Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4

Andreas Tobler wrote:

> 2001-10-01  Loren J. Rittle  <ljrittle@acm.org>
>
>         * Makefile.in (STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Propagate HOST_CC.
>         (fixinc.sh): Map CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to HOST_* versions for
>         later recursive make invocation.
>
> The STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS breaks the genconstants. I'm investigating
> further, but maybe anyone of you has a quick idea.

A quick scan of the make log shows that cc is compiling both the
stage 1 and stage 2 gengenrtl.c, because they get compiled with
HOST_CC listed explicitly, while other files get compiled with CC.

While in theory the Apple 2.95-based compiler and 3.x are binary
compatible, I'm sure there are enough flags set differently to
cause chokage.  Anyway, it seems pretty clearly wrong to be using
the host compiler to compile *anything* in stage 2 - perhaps the
explicit compile commands using HOST_CC need to use CC instead.

Stan