This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Richard Kenner wrote:
I tend to agree with the people who are saying that these files ought
to be generated in the build directory during the bootstrap.
That would be nice too in the long term, but I think will make the
initial bootstrap process more complex since then you need gnatmake and
a full library as well.
I think the best solution here is to have the rules to update them if needed,
but provide correct generated versions for releases. I agree with Richard
that we don't want really require a full working GNAT version to bootstrap.