This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
2. Since gnat 3.13 objects to -W options, compilation command lines
for Ada must not include them. However, compilation of C in the ada
subdirectory should include -W options.
Also, in stage2 and stage3, we want to use the -W options for Ada files.
It is not the case that they are not used, since what happens is that
GNAT has the back end recognize its options (everything except -gnat* and
a few others), and processes the front-end options itself.
We work hard to keep the compiler warning free, and it is way too easy to
start introducing new uninitialized variables and the like without using
-Wuninitialized. Also the warnings are useful to us, as they have caught
some lingering bugs that would have been hard to find otherwise.