Re: 3.0 branch: wrong CFLAGS for gen* & fixinc

Loren wrote:
> Here's the original argument for that patch:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-09/msg01179.html
>
> Loren, could you please investigate this problem, and either propose a
> fix asap or revert your changes until a better fix can be proposed?

I try to hide from the workings of the gcc/Makefile as much
as I possibly can.  That is why fixinc is in a subdirectory.  :-)
It is conceivable that someday fixinc will need to be compiled
twice, once with CC=$(HOST_CC) and once with CC=$(CC).  Maybe
change the patch to use "FIXINC_CC" instead?  It is probably too
late to isolate all the gen*.c programs into a subdirectory....