Re: Ada files now checked in

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 dewar@gnat.com wrote:
  But why would there be any difficulty in building this driver as part of
  the build procedure, it does not require an Ada compiler, so I see no
  reason to have a precompiled binary here, but perhaps I am missing
  something.

This would indeed be best, although we don't have support for doing this in
the Makefile yet. What we usually do in such cases is to first build/install
a recent GCC with just the C front end (but drivers for all languages), and
then use that as a base to build GNAT.

  -Geert