This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:15:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
But why would there be any difficulty in building this driver as part of
the build procedure, it does not require an Ada compiler, so I see no
reason to have a precompiled binary here, but perhaps I am missing
This would indeed be best, although we don't have support for doing this in
the Makefile yet. What we usually do in such cases is to first build/install
a recent GCC with just the C front end (but drivers for all languages), and
then use that as a base to build GNAT.