This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4
- To: toa at pop dot agri dot ch
- Subject: Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:58:15 -0700
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, LJ Rittle <rittle at labs dot mot dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thursday, October 4, 2001, at 06:10 PM, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Finally I think I have it, at least the cause but not yet the solution.
> * Makefile.in (STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Propagate HOST_CC.
> (fixinc.sh): Map CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to HOST_* versions for
> later recursive make invocation.
> The STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS breaks the genconstants. I'm investigating
> further, but maybe anyone of you has a quick idea.
I've noticed that sometimes "bool" is 1 byte and sometimes 4 bytes,
depending on compiler and/or options, but I've never tracked down the
details. If you mix .o's from different compiler/options combinations
this can cause crashes in odd places. So far I've always been OK
doing "make clean" first though (or "cleanstrap").