Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4

On Thursday, October 4, 2001, at 06:10 PM, Andreas Tobler wrote:

> Finally I think I have it, at least the cause but not yet the solution.
>         * Makefile.in (STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Propagate HOST_CC.
>         (fixinc.sh): Map CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to HOST_* versions for
>         later recursive make invocation.
>
> The STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS breaks the genconstants. I'm investigating
> further, but maybe anyone of you has a quick idea.

I've noticed that sometimes "bool" is 1 byte and sometimes 4 bytes,
depending on compiler and/or options, but I've never tracked down the
details.  If you mix .o's from different compiler/options combinations
this can cause crashes in odd places.  So far I've always been OK
doing "make clean" first though (or "cleanstrap").