This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 01 12:29:54 EDT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Note that you only need the gnat1 and gnatbind binaries.
People keep saying this but I don't think it's true. You cannot
simply drop gnat1 into /usr/lib/gcc-lib/TARGET/VERSION; the driver
won't have the specs it needs to run it.
Correct, but you can build one of those since everything is written in C.
Also, even if it did work, a normal user couldn't do that, since they
do not have write privileges to that directory.
True, but the way you do it is build everything but Ada, install it
where you do have privileges (aftr all, if you can't put it anywhere,
why are you building it?), then put gnat1 and gnatbind there, build a
new driver, and continue.
Yes, this is not trivial, but it also isn't that hard.