This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, LJ Rittle <rittle at labs dot mot dot com>
- Subject: Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4
- From: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:10:10 -0700
- CC: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: zero
- References: <456BF89F-B825-11D5-8895-003065C86F94@apple.com> <3BBB5A3B.DE26A67@apple.com>
- Reply-To: toa at pop dot agri dot ch
Stan Shebs wrote:
> Dale Johannesen wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 03:25 PM, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> > > I thought first it is in the changes from Dale Johannesen but the longer
> > > I play the more I'm not convinced it is.
> > I don't think so; we're not seeing this failure here.
> It started happening just a few hours after your patch went in,
> so at the list of guilty changes is pretty short anyway.
Finally I think I have it, at least the cause but not yet the solution.
Sorry Dale, it wasn't your changes.
I grabbed a copy from last sunday and incrementally updated until it
failed. (took a while ;-))
Here the responsible cvs entry:
2001-10-01 Loren J. Rittle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Makefile.in (STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Propagate HOST_CC.
(fixinc.sh): Map CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to HOST_* versions for
later recursive make invocation.
The STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS breaks the genconstants. I'm investigating
further, but maybe anyone of you has a quick idea.