Re: genconstants failure on darwin 1.4

Stan Shebs wrote:

> Dale Johannesen wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, October 3, 2001, at 03:25 PM, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> > > I thought first it is in the changes from Dale Johannesen but the longer
> > > I play the more I'm not convinced it is.
> >
> > I don't think so; we're not seeing this failure here.
>
> It started happening just a few hours after your patch went in,
> so at the list of guilty changes is pretty short anyway.

Finally I think I have it, at least the cause but not yet the solution.
Sorry Dale, it wasn't your changes.

I grabbed a copy from last sunday and incrementally updated until it
failed. (took a while ;-))

Here the responsible cvs entry:

2001-10-01  Loren J. Rittle  <ljrittle@acm.org>

        * Makefile.in (STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS): Propagate HOST_CC.
        (fixinc.sh): Map CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to HOST_* versions for
        later recursive make invocation.

The STAGE2_FLAGS_TO_PASS breaks the genconstants. I'm investigating
further, but maybe anyone of you has a quick idea.

Thanks,

Andreas