This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [discuss] SSE/MMX leaking to the integer code
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Subject: Re: [discuss] SSE/MMX leaking to the integer code
- From: Andi Kleen <ak at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:51:15 +0200
- Cc: bernds at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, discuss at x86-64 dot org
- References: <20011004163755.J18334@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:37:55PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> In fact, in the longer term, I would love to allow both DI and SImode values in SSE/MMX
> and teach gcc to use it when it runs out of integer registers and special flag is used.
Please make sure there is a way to turn this off. Kernel code is not allowed
to touch MMX/SSE context. For user space it is also sometimes useful to
know for use that no FP/SSE context is needed; this way you can get faster context
switches and faster signal handling.