This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- To: "law at redhat dot com" <law at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 07:12:50 -0700
- cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "wilson at redhat dot com" <wilson at redhat dot com>, "jh at suse dot cz" <jh at suse dot cz>
> Presumably we set the bit because the argument is marked as "const".
> So the question becomes should we have set the unchanging bit in the
> first place (probably yes)?
I'm not sure. This is a MEM on the stack, and one that is not
necessarily going to be around for the entire function -- witness
the fact that we are going to overwrite it. Perhaps I misunderstand
a subtlety of RTX_UNCHANGING_P (quite likely, in fact!) but to me
it doesn't make sense to set it for this MEM; the value there is
likely to change.
Am I speaking nonsense?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com