This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RedHat precompiled-header code branch created
- To: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>
- Subject: Re: RedHat precompiled-header code branch created
- From: Alan Matsuoka <alanm at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:02:34 -0400
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <3BBA3A00.632AD7B@redhat.com> <3F1BCE29-B85A-11D5-8AE1-00306558FC20@apple.com>
On Wed, 03 Oct 2001, Devang Patel wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 03:04 PM, Alan Matsuoka wrote:
> > At the urging of my colleagues I've created a branch called
> > pchmerge-branch
> > for gcc. Note that this is a merge and work in progress and is a result
> > of the work done by Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jason
> > Merrill <email@example.com>,
> > Catherine Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org> et. al. for a previous internal
> > project for gcc 2.97.
> > Note that this is a merge in progress and things may not work (as a
> > matter of fact right now it's not).
> > This is basically a source dump that has debug code in it, warts and
> > all.
> Any documentation/readme files available for this precompiled header
> source dump ? I am interested to know, when merge and development
> is finished,
I am still working on it. As to when depends on my finding some nasty garbage
collection bugs. I am building it with --enable-checking=tree,misc,gc,gcac turned on
to weed them out. The pch code is also in a state of flux at the moment.
Red Hat Canada, Ltd
mailto:email@example.com Tel: (416) 482-2661 x250 / Fax: (416) 482-6299