This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: new __builtin_choose_type (patch)
- From: Magnus Fromreide <magfr at lysator dot liu dot se>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:15:00 +0200 (MET DST)
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
It is my feeling that it would be more general and cleaner to do something
along the lines of
_Bool __builtin_equal_types(arg|type, arg|type)
that doesn't evaluate the arguments if they are expressions and answers
the question of wether they are of the same type.
__builtin_equal_types(x, y) ? no() : x = 10;
The part i react most against is that it implements a new code path
selection mechanism that is unlike all previously seen in C.