This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Urgent: bug fixes needed for GCC 3.0.2
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 00:02:38 -0700
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, wilson at redhat dot com, law at redhat dot com, jh at suse dot cz
> Jim Wilson analyzed this bug and figured out it was a sibling call
> optimization bug. Has anyone worked on a patch? Jeff, since you
> wrote a lot of the sibcall code, would you care to take a look?
I was primarily interested in the IA-64 problem reported along side this
one, and didn't look further into it after discovering it wasn't related
to the IA-64 problem. I did get the IA-64 problem fixed on Monday though.
I think it is a sibcall problem, but it could perhaps be an aliasing problem
that only shows up when doing sibcall optimizations.